Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Eureka!

I forget the exact wording, but don't they have a term for when a boy and a girl first meet in a movie, and something mildly funny or embarrassing happens to them? Something like "meet cute"? Well, that was how I first met Wesley on TV. In "Over the Rainbow" (which aired on TNT on March 31, 2009, I believe?), I was watching how Cordelia had ended up in the Pylean dimension and she had already met the character Winifred. Her Angel Investigations buddies were hard at work trying to figure out a way to bring her back to Los Angeles, when Wesley came rushing into the room shouting "Eureka!" after he discovered the magical incantation needed to get them through the portal.

Wesley was absolutely adorable! He was so boyishly pleased with himself for making the discovery. And what a sight he was, as if someone conjured up the perfect man for myself. Tall, thin, athletic, bookish, curling hair, and I love those glasses. I always fall for the handsome, serious, yet slightly goofy, intellectual types. Thank goodness the series didn't come out 40-50 years ago, because Alexis Denisof would have been forced to wear tweed.

The scene was complete when Lorne said, "You mean he actually really says 'Eureka'?"

Oh, and by the way, congratulations to Alexis and Alyson on the birth of Satyana, who came into the world on March 24, 2009. What a great birthday present for Alyson! I hope all three of them are doing fine, and I hope Alexis and Alyson are in absolute bliss as they start out their new life together as parents of a wonderful baby girl.

No comments: