Wednesday, September 2, 2009

There Are No Holidays in the Fight Against Evil

I was shocked to find the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer with Kristy Swanson on TV (AMC) a few nights ago. I was on break in my boss' office at the time, but I was still able to catch about 30 minutes of the movie. (I wish I could have recorded it.) I had no idea Paul "Pee Wee Herman" Reubens played a vampire, and Donald Sutherland played a Watcher! As far as I can tell, the official Buffyverse party line is, "The movie was terrible and the series was so much better." However, I thought the movie was kind of cute. I remember I wanted to see it when it first came out in 1992.

In the meantime, I'm busy enjoying Seasons 1 and 2 of Get Smart. (The title of the post is a quote from Maxwell Smart.) I love making comparisons between KAOS and CONTROL, and Wolfram & Hart and The Powers That Be.
Chief: You realize you'll be facing every type of danger imaginable.
Maxwell Smart: ....and loving it!

Speaking of The Powers That Be, I'm busy working on a post about them, and I hope to publish it by the end of the week. I always feel funny about talking about my posts ahead of time, because I'm always afraid someone will think, "Wow, she's spending so much time working on her post, I bet it's going to be terrific when she's done!"

I hope everyone is enjoying the unofficial end of summer.

No comments: