Saturday, October 10, 2009

Brief Update

I just wanted to let you know I haven't gone anywhere, and I'm working on a longish post about our beloved Wesley Wyndam-Pryce.

I have not seen last night's Dollhouse, and I have yet to see any overnight ratings. However, I just hope the show stays on the air long enough for me to be able to see Episode 2.05, "The Public Eye", which will air on October 30. I believe this will be the next time we catch sight of Alexis Denisof.

If you've been following the Whedonesque blog site, you'll know people are offering suggestions on how to save Dollhouse from cancellation, and that Eliza Dushku has been traveling on the talk show circuit in order to promote the show. I can't watch Dollhouse during its original air times on Friday nights because I'm usually at work. I've read a lot of forum chatter about how Nielsen ratings supposedly measure how many bodies are sitting in the living rooms staring at the TV during the actual air times. I know for myself, I'm rarely able to watch a TV show "live" because I work a lot during the evenings, and I allow the kids to take control over the TV sets while they're home. About the only thing I can do is take note of who's advertising as I later scan through the recorded episodes and keep that in mind when I do my shopping.

This is not meant to be a tale of woe about how I don't have any money. But the truth is, I don't have any real disposable income since we're sending two kids through college and hoping to send a third one later on. So I therefore don't rush out and buy DVD collections and pay for episode downloads from iTunes (like the Dollhouse supporters are recommending) in order to convince FOX that there's money to be made off of the franchise. Maybe if I can sit in Topher's chair for a few minutes, I can save myself a lot of grief and be reprogrammed so I'll start enjoying "free" popular mindless sitcoms.

No comments: