Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy 10-Year Anniversary, Angel

October 5, 2009 marked the 10-year anniversary of the airing of the first episode of Angel the Series. A couple of nice little tributes (along with heartfelt comments from fans) appear at EW.com's Popwatch and Whedonesque.

I would like to make special mention of Wolfen Moodaughter's lovely column over at Sequential Tart: "Celebrating Angel's 10th Anniversary: Part One: A Wolf Gets the Disco Ball Spinning." As I read her column, I couldn't help but nod my head dozens of times over and say to myself, "Yep, I feel the same way." There are too many good parts to point out, but I will make special mention of how she had a hard time picking out her favorite episodes when really she could have included the entire episode list, and also her description of watching several Buffy and Angel episodes with her boss at work, similar to how I'm now starting to watch Dollhouse episodes at work with my boss.

Of course Wolfen Moodaughter absolutely adores Wesley Wyndam-Pryce (who comes in a close 2nd to Spike for her in the Buffyverse), which automatically scores a lot of points with me.

I really should get around to writing a 10-year anniversary post of my own. In the meantime, I look forward to reading Wolfen's other posts about Buffy and Angel, and poking around the rest of the Sequential Tart site.

Update: My official 10-year anniversary post is here.

One More Update - 1/23/10: Due to the vagaries of Google rankings, this particular post seems to inexplicably show up quite high in the results for a maddening number of Angel-related search terms. If you can't find what you're looking for on this page, please look at my Labels in the lower part of my right sidebar for posts that better fit your search terms.

No comments: