Saturday, December 26, 2009

Spam Comments

I've been removing a lot of spam comments lately, which is no big deal for me. However, spammers are very good at leaving comments that don't really look like spam. So, I've developed a policy of delete first and don't ask questions later. Obviously, if you leave a legitimate-sounding comment and link back to a pharmaceutical or penis enlargement site, bye-bye to your comment.

A few minutes ago I deleted a "nice site - could use some improvements" comment by an Anonymous reader. Again, no big deal. The "could use some improvements" is actually a legitimate statement. However, I could feel some sort of "I can improve your site for a fee" comment coming next, so I deleted it.

So, the moral of the story is, if you leave what you think is a legitimate comment and I delete it, my apologies in advance.

No comments: