Monday, January 18, 2010

MTV Starting Out with Buffy Season 3?

I just checked out Zap2It's TV listings for Buffy the Vampire Slayer's inaugural appearance on MTV in the U.S. tomorrow, and it appears that, for whatever reason, they'll be starting off with Season 3 episodes. At least I won't have to wait long to see Wesley Wyndam-Pryce!

I have no idea if MTV's broadcasting schedule ties in with Logo's schedule at all, since Logo is currently showing early Season 3 episodes. Regardless, it might not be a bad idea to start broadcasting a series in the middle of its run, when presumably some stronger episodes will appear. (Though it's arguable as to whether Season 3 is the best starting point.) That's how I started watching Angel and got hooked on it.

I'll finally find out for once and for all what all of this fuss about Buffy has been about.

2 comments:

Don said...

Hi Miriam,

What a great site! I love your work. You can help me out with one detail: what’s your take on spelling Wesley’s last name?

Wikipedia has it several ways:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Wyndam-Pryce

I was going to send you some of the Wesley entries I’ve worked on, if you haven’t seen them. Unfortunately Microsoft sent back the email. They are generally academic pieces that discuss interesting aspects of Wesley’s character. Do you have an alternative email?

Regards,

Don

Miriam said...

Hi Don,

Yes I do have an alternate email, and I'll send it to you. Thanks!

I use "Wyndam-Pryce" because I've seen it spelled out that way twice in the TV series: once when Marcus/Angel was looking at the Angel Investigations business cards in "Carpe Nocutum", and also when Wesley signed the $1.00 bill in "Slouching Toward Bethlehem". It might be spelled differently in "After the Fall"? Regardless, his last name is a pain in the butt to deal with because I find myself mistyping it all of the time.