Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lucky 13 for Buffy

Via Whedonesque, I read this lovely little write-up at EW/Popwatch that pointed out that Buffy the Vampire Slayer turned 13 years old yesterday. As of this time, the most recent Popwatch commenters are claiming they were 9 or 10 years old when they first saw Buffy. I don't know if I dare leave a comment saying "I first watched the series when I was 40-something years old after enough kids moved out of the house and I could sit down and watch TV once in a while."

I can really identify with writer Sandra Gonzalez who wrote: "I watched the entire series in about two months, and the hole burned in my wallet from buying all the seasons that summer is still smoking." I've always thought the perfect Joss Whedon fan is unmarried, makes at least $60,000 per year, and lives in his parents' basement.

No comments: