Friday, April 2, 2010

Alexis Denisof Replaced by Chad Lowe on Pretty Little Liars

Per The Hollywood Reporter, Alexis Denisof has been replaced by Chad Lowe in the role of Aria's father in ABC Family's Pretty Little Liars. Several media outlets are reporting that the series will premiere on Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 8:00 PM ET. Alexis Denisof filmed the pilot in December, but I honestly have no idea if the pilot will ever be broadcast. According to New York Magazine, Lowe was quite excited to hear the news.

Whedonesque is carrying a thread about Alexis Denisof being replaced by Lowe and Gina Torres being added to the cast of Huge.

I'm actually quite disappointed since I obviously wanted to see Alexis on TV again. I also thought the subject matter had some potential. However, I have no idea how much face time Aria's father will have, so I didn't want to be in a position of recording a bunch of shows and constantly hitting the scan button just so I could catch a glimpse of Alexis once in a while.

I can't speculate on why Denisof was replaced by Lowe ("in a recasting", according to the news). Regardless, best wishes to everyone, and I'm hoping to see an announcement soon that Alexis will be working on another project.

No comments: