Saturday, June 5, 2010

Getting Hung Up on Reality v Perception

My post about Wesley and Faith's relationship in Season 4 of Angel's "Release" is not as easy to write about as I had hoped. My main challenge is that I'm suffering from a classic "head versus heart" dilemma. Do I write about the messages that I believe the Mutant Enemy production company was trying to get across? Or do I write about what I am personally perceiving and understanding about this episode?

I almost feel obligated to write two parallel reviews, which of course I'm not going to do. So, I'm struggling to come up with some sort of synthesis between the "reality" of what the creators were presenting to us and my perceptions in what I'm actually taking away from the episode.

In the meantime, I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

No comments: