Friday, August 20, 2010

Near Future Plans

Things have been pretty hectic at work lately, so I'm not sure when I'll be publishing my next post about the Season 4 finale of Angel, "Home". I'll just vaguely say I'll do it some time this weekend.

Then, before I start doing my Season 5 sort-of-reviews, I want to do a post about some of the other TV shows I'm watching as well as publish a Season 5 overview.

When I started watching Angel on DVD's roughly around the beginning of this year, I didn't initially do a post for every episode. I'd already covered a lot of the same territory in my blog while I was watching the episodes on TNT and didn't feel the need to repeat myself. And besides, I never intended for this blog to be a series of formal episode reviews. Beginning with late Season 3 and throughout Season 4, I did start doing a post for every episode simply because I had glossed over a lot of these shows in the past. I found a lot of richness and depth in these episodes this time around simply because I was finally willing to get past my extreme dislike for the Wesley-banished-from-the-group and Cordelia/Connor story arcs.

Will I review every episode of Season 5? I probably will simply because I always felt I wasn't fully understanding a few key elements in Season 5, and I'll be looking for a few clues along the way. I'll discuss this more in my Season 5 overview post.

What about after Season 5? This gets tricky because, believe it or not, I'd like to start winding down this blog. To backtrack, I've always wanted to do more Top 5 or Top 10 Favorites posts, but have neglected to do so because these posts are a lot harder for me to write than what they should be. Also, in order for me to remember what happened in Angel, I have to keep continually watching the series. I've said in the past that Angel is one of the few series I've seen where it's better for me to watch the series in order than to just limit my viewing to favorite episodes. In order to do more Top Favorites posts, I'd therefore have to start watching the series again from the very beginning in Season 1. That would be quite dangerous for me. I've written very little about Season 1 and I might feel compelled to start on yet one more series of posts about the entire series.

I'd also like to write more about Buffy, and maybe do some reviews on Buffyverse books and articles and otherwise do whatever else strikes my fancy. However, I'll just cross those bridges when I get to them. In the meantime, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

'Til we meet again..........

No comments: