Thursday, December 16, 2010

Alexis Returning to HIMYM


(Alexis Denisof as Sandy Rivers)

Great news! According to Velda Gelman's post at the Los Angeles Times Showtracker blog, on January 3, 2011, Alexis Denisof will make a return appearance as Sandy Rivers on CBS' How I Met Your Mother. Of course, his lovely wife Alyson Hannigan plays Lily Aldrin on the show.

I have never seen any of Denisof's performances as Sandy Rivers, mostly because his character looks like a gorp and is reportedly quite annoying. Not that Alexis has any experience playing those types of roles!

As a side note, a few days ago I found another article online that seemed to indicate that Alexis would be returning as Sandy Rivers. I almost pulled the trigger to post the link to that particular site, but then I realized that the article was very poorly written and was perhaps simply stating that Alexis is one of the recurring characters on HIMYM. I still have no idea if that article was providing an early scoop or not.

I promise to tune in on January 3 to see what all the fuss is about.

And the Award for Asshole of the Year Goes To ..... (Updated January 3, 2011): .....nice job, Alexis, in being both horribly obnoxious and funny. I certainly wouldn't have minded showing up at Sandy's apartment and giving him a good, swift kick in the balls.

Regarding the numbers countdown and the "Bad News" at the end of the show, I really can't say anything since this is only about the third episode of HIMYM I've seen in my entire life. I'm so far removed I can't put anything in perspective. However, I can't help but notice a lot of interesting reactions that people are having to feeling sad after watching a sitcom. Shades of M*A*S*H in the early 1970's when the show was criticized for not being strictly a comedy or a drama.

No comments: