Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday Nite WTF Edition

While I was doing my normal web surfing this evening I found that I can't get to several of my favorite sites without first running into an ominous "Fraudulent Web Page Blocked" message from Norton/Symantec. Unfortunately, my "I Heart Wesley W-P" site has been tagged with this warning as well.

In doing a quick web search I've found that this same message has popped up for Facebook and eBay users in the past. I don't quite know what to do at this point except get a good night's sleep and hope the problem magically goes away tomorrow morning. If that doesn't happen, I'll have to try to figure something out later on.

Update 6/24/2012. As far as I can tell, all Blogspot pages are being hit with this message. I blame it all on a Norton/Symantec update I installed about a week ago that either added or increased a Safe Web feature within the search results. (Obviously, not everyone is getting this message.) When I get around to it today I'll see if I can tweak some settings and get rid of the warning pages from my system. If I find any definitive solutions I'll pass them along.

Update 6/24/2012 Five Minutes Later.  I ran a Live Update in Norton Internet Security and, voila, problem solved.

No comments: