Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Last Roundup

You don't have to be particularly astute to realize that I've pretty much given up on this blog. Despite my best intentions, I just haven't been able to pull myself together to do a proper final post, or at least put up a review of the Angel series finale, "Not Fade Away". (I actually had a draft of a much longer post, but opted to delete it a few minutes ago because I couldn't turn it into anything other than a jumbled mess.) There are various reasons why I stopped posting, but the main one is I've developed other interests and I'm just not obsessed with Angel the way I used to be.

There were so many things I wanted to talk about! I could have written several more posts about Buffy the Vampire Slayer, with a special focus on Buffy's relationship with Spike. I also wanted to compare and contrast Buffy and Angel with Supernatural, and try my hand at a concordance between the two worlds. I even created an outline for a longer essay on why the ruling elites of the Buffyverse decided to try to hide the existence of vampires and demons. And if only I could talk more about the IDW Angel comic continuation series! However, I can at least sneak in a special congratulations to Alexis Denisof, Amy Acker, Joss Whedon et al for the success of their lovely new film, Much Ado About Nothing.

So, with that, it's time to label Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer as treasured keepsakes and tuck them safely away onto my basement shelf. I've enjoyed exchanging emails with fellow fans from time to time and I fully intend to keep up with my correspondence. If anyone stumbles onto this blog and would like to get in touch with me, please feel free to drop to drop me a line at my email address which you can find in my Blogger Profile page.

Peace. love and happiness to everyone!

Postscript: If you just can't get enough of Wesley and Angel, be sure to scroll down the page and check out all of my links.

No comments: